How to be a champion
There are many factors and ways to transform your psychology from good or above-average to CHAMPION. One way is to examine your Beliefs – your core belief system is the foundation to empower you to become a Champion. How can you transform and change your beliefs when “Come on you can do it!” is not enough motivation for you?
There is a neural science behind transforming your beliefs.
I want you to write down two paragraphs. In the first paragraph I want you to write down all the empowering thoughts and beliefs (a belief is defined as anything you hold at virtually 100 % reality as the truth) that empowers you, that you draw strength from, that exists in your psychology that is driving you to become a champion. Examples might be:
- No matter how bad the ref is, no amount of bad bounces, nothing will stop me, I am going to come out on top.
- I have everything I need, and with hard work I will eventually create and exceed my goal.
- I may not be the most talented player, but I have the heart of a champion.
The second paragraph you must work on with the same intensity, truth, and reality are those beliefs that disempower you, weaken you, or hold you back. (And I urge this intensity because for many, this arena contains the most fear and shadows. You will be well served by going deep on this when you experience the exercises.) Examples might be:
- No matter how hard I try, I am not likely to come out on top.
- I do the best I can, but I am afraid that my best is not good enough.
- Champions are far more talented or lucky than I am.
Have your children complete the same exercises. It is best not to interfere or attempt to influence their thought process. Let them work independently. Afterward, have a great family discussion about what everyone has written. Then, come prepared to discuss your Beliefs and explore new revelations and empowering truths. The new reality is you CAN become a Champion.