How your subconscious mind creates reality
Are you aware that 90% of reality lies in the subconscious mind?
When you look at a picture of an iceberg, where 10% of it is above water and the other 90% is below water, that is how your mind works. Only 10% of your “mental software”, or the way you think, is in the conscious mind (you are aware of it).
The biggest part of your software programming is under the surface, you don’t even see it.
Here is a great example:
There was a professional athlete that came to work with me. He was retired, and everyone thought that because he was a retired athlete and somewhat of a celebrity, he was going to be a Rockstar in this financial services company. Well, he wasn’t. He was struggling.
When he came to see me, he said, “I heard you’re the magic guy, you can fix how people create success.”
I asked him one question, “If you had one sentence that happened over and over again in your mind that you believe created your success, what would it be?”
He is very close to his father to this day, he was a big influence. He said, “That’s easy, my dad said this all the time, it doesn’t matter how strong or fast you are, it matters how hard you work. I developed a legendary work ethic, I outwork my competition, I am outworking them right now. But I’m not succeeding.”
How many of you would think this is a really great success command to build your life and to build success?
It doesn’t matter how strong or fast you are, it matters how hard you work.
There’s an interesting problem with this sentence. Cut that sentence in half so it reads, “It doesn’t matter how strong are fast you are.”
What child would you say, “It doesn’t matter how strong are fast you are?”
A slow and weak child.
Do you think he was slow and weak if he became a professional athlete? No, he was very athletically gifted.
Who was slow and weak? The dad.
The dad gave him the “key to success” and his young mind used that command to create success. It worked in athletics because he went from grade school to college always outworking his competition and using his speed and strength to win.
But then he went into an industry where a lot of people had 10 to 15 years of success. He was not strong and fast compared to people that already had the technical skills in the industry. So the subconscious command kicked in and he started beating himself up because he was not strong and fast.
And it was because of the subconscious program that was installed by his father when he was a young boy.
Take a moment to sit and listen with the subconscious mind when you are making statements that tell you what success is, or what failure is, and how you create success. The biggest place to change your mental software, the strategies and thinking you use to create success, is in the subconscious.