Your privacy is very important to us. We want to make your experience on the Internet as enjoyable and rewarding as possible, and we want you to use the Internet’s vast array of information, tools, and opportunities with complete confidence.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Members may be asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Products or Services including name, address, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number), and the type of personal computer being used to access the Services. The personal information collected from Members during the registration process (or at any other time) is used primarily to provide a customized experience as you use our Products and Services. Your information will never be licensed or sold to any third party. However, we may make limited disclosure of personal information under the specific circumstances described below.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, or fill out a form. When submitting a contact form on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. We shall always ask you to provide only a minimum data which is needed for completing the service you asked for. Before leaving your data you will be clearly and intelligibly explained the purpose of collecting your data and asked to give your consent to it, which you can also withdraw easily. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Our Company may use ““Cookies” to collect information. Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, at a web site’s request. Our Company Cookies do not contain any personal information, but are used primarily as follows:
• to keep track of temporary information. For example, Cookies allow us to keep track of the pictures you upload and download;
• to register you in special programs. Cookies allow us to remember you when you login to the places on our site that require Membership;
• to remember your country and language preferences;
• to help us understand the size of our audience and traffic patterns;
• to collect and record information about what you viewed on our Web site and what you viewed in our e-mail;
• to manage and present site information and the pictures displayed on your computer, and
• to deliver information specific to your interests.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you order services or products directly from our Company we will use the personal information you provide only to process that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
Our company may display our online advertisements. In those cases we share aggregated and non-identifying information about our Visitors and Members collected through the registration process as well as through online surveys and promotions with these advertisers.
Additionally, in some instances, we use this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements or joint ventures. For instance, an advertiser or joint venture company tells us the audience they want to reach and provides us an advertisement tailored to the audience. Based upon the aggregated and non-identifying information we have collected, we may then display or send the advertisement to the intended audience. Our company does not share personal information about its Visitors or Members with these advertisers or joint venture companies. Information about how to opt-out of online advertisements you may receive from our Company will be contained in the ads themselves.
Responses to Email Inquiries
When Visitors or Members send email inquiries to our company, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. Our company does not use the return email address for any other purpose and does not share the return email address with any third party.
Voluntary Customer Surveys
We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage our customers to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of products and services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. Information about how to opt-out of surveys will be contained in survey communications.
We may take the information we receive from individuals responding to our customer surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other customers we may have, to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). We then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our services to you, and to develop new services and products. This aggregated, non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Web Beacons: We may also place small “tracker gifs” or “beacons” on many of the pages on our website, in online advertising with third parties, and in our email. We use these beacons, in connection with Cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our site including but not limited to the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the referring web page, the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, NetScape), the type of operating system (e.g., Windows, Linux, or Mac), and the domain name of the visitor’s Internet service provider (e.g., AOL). This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This information is useful in, for example, tracking the performance of our online advertising such as online banner ads and to determine where to place future advertising on other web sites.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose Member and Visitor information to the following third parties, under the following circumstances:
• Companies who work on our behalf: We contract with other companies to perform business support functions on our behalf, which may involve limited access to your personal information. We require these companies to use the information only to provide the contracted services; they are prohibited from transferring the information to another party except as needed to provide those services. Some examples of these business support functions include order fulfillment, coupon fulfillment, award and rebate fulfillments, customer survey execution and information systems management. We also may make aggregate non-personal information available to select service providers.
• Subsidiaries and joint ventures: A subsidiary or a joint venture is an organization in which we own at least a 50% interest. If our Company shares your information with a subsidiary or joint venture partner, our Company will require that they not transfer your information to another party for marketing purposes or use your information contrary to your expressed choices. If you have indicated that you do not want to receive any marketing information from our Company, we will not share your information with our subsidiary or joint venture partner for their marketing purposes.
• Co-branded and Partner Pages: Our Company may share information with partner companies who jointly present special offers or promotions on co-branded pages within our site. You will be notified of this sharing when you are asked to furnish personal data on such a page. The partner’s use of any information you submit will be governed by the partner’s own privacy notice, which you can review before submitting your information.
• Business Transfers: Our Company reserves the right to transfer your personal information in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets. If the business is sold or transferred, our Company will give you an opportunity to tell us not to transfer your personal information. In some cases, this may mean that the new organization will not be able to continue providing to you the services or products that our Company provided.
• Law Enforcement: Our Company may disclose personal information to third parties without your consent for any of the following reasons: to comply with any law, regulation or court order, to cooperate with Government investigations, to help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights of our Company or its subsidiaries.
• With Your Consent: In all other cases, our Company will obtain your express consent before sharing your information with third parties. For example, our Company may conduct a joint offer or contest with a third party and you will be asked whether your personal information should be shared with that third party.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You have the right to withdraw your consent on providing us your personal data, at any time, and to ask us to erase your data. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You may ask to see your data that you gave to us, and thus to exercise your right to access data.
If it happens that data you gave us is incorrect from any reason, you may ask for rectification of your data.
You also have the right to ask for restriction of access to your data, in which case the data shall not be erased, but just access thereto shall be denied.
Where you consented to give us data, or we process your data on the grounds of contract with you, if the processing is carried out by automated means, you may request that we send your data back in a structured way, and thus exercise your right to data portability.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
How we protect your data
We implement a variety of administrative, managerial, and technical security measures to help protect your personal information. Our Company has various internal control standards which relate specifically to the handling of personal information. These include certain controls to help safeguard the information we collect online. Our employees are trained to understand and comply with these controls and we communicate our Privacy Notice, practices and guidelines to our employees. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, you must also take steps to protect your information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the Internet.
Services and Web sites we sponsor have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
This policy and the use of these Sites are governed by laws of Colorado, United States of America. THE COMPANY adheres to principles of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) wishing to provide all its customers with the highest standards in privacy protection. If a dispute arises under this Policy we agree to first try to resolve it with the help of a mutually agreed-upon mediator in the United States of America.
Any costs and fees other than attorney fees associated with the mediation will be shared equally by each of us.
This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Get updates on our newest content and upcoming events sent directly to your inbox.